At Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers, we are committed to supporting those organizations which support our community. The following are several of the organizations which we regularly support.
Opportunities at Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers
Our busy Law Firm is seeking a Legal Assistant who will play a crucial role in the day-to-day operations of our team. Our Firm is committed to practicing law at the highest level while also maintaining a positive and friendly atmosphere. Our successful candidate will be someone who excels working in a fast-paced and detailed-oriented office. Legal experience is preferred but training will be provided.
Our full–time Legal Assistant position includes the following benefits: 401k matching and Profit Sharing, PTO and paid holidays, health insurance plan, flexible benefits plan, $550.00 monthly cash benefit, life and disability insurance and a health club membership. The pay range for this position is $18.00 to $30.00 per hour, adjusted to reward relevant work experience.
Minimum Requirement: High School Diploma
- Previous office experience
- Ability to communicate professionally in person, in writing, and by telephone
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong reading and writing skills
- Ability to follow instructions closely
- Willingness to learn new tasks
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member
- Utilize industry-specific software and websites
- Maintain strict client confidentiality
- Communicate directly with lawyers, clients, Court personnel, accountants, and others as needed for transactional law proceedings
- Conserve lawyer time by reading, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; and organizing client conferences, and lawyer meetings
- Maintain lawyer calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and other arrangements; recording and monitoring deadlines, court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements
- Represent lawyer by communicating and obtaining information; determining when to act and when to refer matters to lawyer
Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers, a growing and progressive regional law firm located in Dickinson, North Dakota, seeks to hire a lawyer to practice in the firm’s Business Solutions, Real Estate and Personal Planning practice groups. An education track in accounting and tax and/or documented experience related to accountancy, tax law, estate planning or sophisticated commercial transactions is preferred. The ideal applicant will have a strong academic background, exceptional analytical skills, and an ability to perform exacting work. A successful applicant must be licensed to practice, or eligible to become licensed to practice, in North Dakota, and will receive a regionally competitive compensation package that will reward beneficial experience and encourage a long-term relationship with the firm. This is an opportunity for a motivated lawyer to join a successful “AV”® rated firm. Please submit your letter of application and resume to Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers, Attn: Randall N. Sickler, 2272 8th Street West, Dickinson, ND 58601, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be kept confidential.
About the Opportunities
Start your legal career as an associate with Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers
New associates provide general support for the lawyers in the Firm, working with them on existing files, having direct client contact and a significant role in each file on which they work. Mentoring new lawyers to grow into successful, balanced and experienced lawyers is our ultimate goal. To achieve this goal, each associate is paired with a partner. In addition, Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers has an open door policy for its associates, encouraging associates to ask questions and generate an open dialogue about how best to serve client needs.
Through the exposure to a variety of the Firm’s lawyers and practice areas, associates will gradually develop a niche practice of their own, whether that is becoming involved in an existing practice area or building something entirely new for the Firm. Associates are encouraged to give feedback about the areas of the law that interest them and that they wish to explore further. Every effort is made to accommodate and assist the associate in this process.
Associates are reviewed at least annually to ensure that the associate is always aware of his or her progress. Areas discussed during review include: practice area interests and development, quality of work product, Firm involvement, strengths and areas for improvement and progress toward partnership.
One of Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers most appealing attributes is its emphasis on work-life balance. While many law firms emphasize billable hours, Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers believes that a well-balanced lawyer is a more productive lawyer. Towards that end, associates are encouraged to make time for themselves and pursue their interests away from work, including family and community involvement as well as commitment to the bar association and law work for the public good.
Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers offers a competitive compensation package, with full benefits. Associates are also eligible for performance-based bonuses at year end.
Opportunities for Lateral Hires
We are always interested in hearing from motivated lawyers with an interest in joining Ebeltoft . Sickler . Lawyers. We would be pleased to hear from lawyers with a demonstrated record of experience in litigation or lawyers who can fill a profitable practice niche not currently offered by the Firm.